Ryan is Back for ABS-CBN’s Pinoy Fear Factor

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ryan Agoncillo of the Philippines returns to his first love, hosting, with two new big TV shows.

After a string of acting assignments with fiancée Judy Ann Santos (most notably, the movie Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo and the TV soap Ysabella), Ryan has been tapped to host TV5’s Talentadong Pinoy (Talented Filipino) and ABS-CBN’s Pinoy Fear Factor (South America), Philippine Daily Inquirer learned from different sources from the two networks.

His last hosting gig, ABC 5’s Philippine Idol, wrapped up almost two years ago.

Going back to hosting, Ryan noted, is both “nerve-wracking and exciting at the same time”.

“My hosting skills are a bit rusty,” admitted Ryan, who has won hosting trophies from the KBP Golden Dove and Aliw Awards.

He said he was nervous when he auditioned for PFF. “I thought I did terribly.”
"It’s designed to increase your heart rate in 10 minutes. At the end, I felt as if my heart was in my throat. I was cursing myself after two sessions."

He, however, believes that the vacation from the biz worked wonders on him.

Professionally, he said he was in “limbo”, but personally, he was having the time of his life.

His time away from work, he explained, allowed him to take stock of “what’s truly important.”

0 comments: